Columbus Intersection/Failure to Yield Car Accident Attorneys
Intersections are some of the busiest and most dangerous areas of roadways across Columbus and the surrounding area. When drivers fail to yield or break other traffic laws at an intersection, the consequences can result in serious injury or death for unsuspecting individuals.
If you or someone you love has been injured or killed in a car accident at an intersection, the Columbus intersection/failure to yield car accident lawyers at Rinehardt Injury Attorneys want you to know that you are not on your own and you don’t have to go through another sleepless night worrying about the mountain of unpaid medical bills and other expenses that is growing taller by the day. With the help of a qualified attorney, you can file a personal injury lawsuit against the responsible driver so you can recover financial compensation.
As the name suggests, intersections are points along a roadway where multiple motor vehicles, bicycles, and pedestrians intersect. This forced meeting point places cars, motorcycles, and pedestrians in cross proximity of each other, increasing the risk of a serious accident when someone chooses to act negligently by failing to yield, running a red light, or speeding.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimated that 40 percent of all crashes in the nation happens at an intersection. And while that number seems shocking, for anyone who’s come upon a four-way intersection and witnesses how drivers act, it isn’t all that surprising.
Intersection/failure to yield accidents can result in serious consequences for everyone involved, especially when a vehicle cavalierly sails through a stop sign or fails to yield to someone crossing the street.
From distracted drivers who aren’t paying any attention to extremely aggressive drivers trying to beat a caution light, intersections can be the sight of gruesome accidents that result in life-altering injuries or death.
It’s time to hold these reckless drivers accountable. At Rinehardt Injury Attorneys, we have the experience and determination to get you the financial compensation you deserve to pay for medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses related to your accident.
We want to help you get past this terrible accident so that you can begin to live your life again. Take the first step today by calling us at (555) 555-5555 and schedule a free consultation.
Why Do I Need a Car Accident Lawyer?
If you’ve been injured in a car accident, you may be asking yourself whether you need an attorney, especially if you have insurance and you believe the facts of the case (including who was at fault) are clear cut.
Many people have a misconception about personal injury lawyers thanks to cheesy television commercials or billboard ads. They erroneously believe that they’re out to just take your money without doing much in return. Because of this, some people believe they can negotiate with insurance companies and settle their claims on their own.
Not every accident requires a intersection/failure to yield accident lawyer, but generally, if your medical bills are more than two thousand dollars or you’ve missed more than one week of work because of your accident injuries, you need an attorney.
A knowledgeable intersection/failure to yield accident lawyer can work to get the full amount of compensation you are owed, taking complete care of the details of this complicated and stressful process while you focus on recovering from your injuries.
In the aftermath of an accident, the most important thing victims should worry about is their health, not going back and forth with an insurance company that wants nothing more than to pay you as little as possible.
When you hire an attorney, they will take care of the following:
- Handle all communication with the other driver’s insurer
- Collect and organize all medical records and bills, even if it means coordinating with your health care provider
- Gather all evidence related to your accident and claim
- Collect evidence from the scene including witness statements
- Present the evidence to prove liability and damages
- Negotiate a fair and full settlement with an insurance adjuster or defense attorney
- When insurance adjusters don’t comply, take your case to court
The Columbus car accident attorneys will do all of the above and more to ensure we present the best case on your behalf as is possible.
Following an accident, the other driver’s insurance company will reach out to you with a financial offer to try to settle your claim quickly. Don’t fall for it. The Rinehardt Injury Attorneys will make sure you get a fair and equitable settlement for your losses.
Causes of Intersection Accidents
Whether it’s a traffic circle, a two-way stop, or a four-way stop, an intersection only works when everyone obeys traffic laws and properly yields or stops. Unfortunately, not everyone lives up to their duty of care, resulting in serious accidents with serious consequences.
The most common types of accidents at an intersection are side-impact (T-bone accidents) and rear-end crashes, both of which can cause extensive vehicle damage and even more serious injuries or death.
These accidents are dangerous for the unsuspecting driver because they don’t see the other vehicle coming and, therefore, have no time to react to try to avoid the wreck.
There are a number of causes for these types of accidents, almost all of which are the fault of a negligent driver. We’ve seen every type of intersection accident case. Contact us today if your accident was due to any of the following:
- Drivers who fail to yield to pedestrians or motorists who have the right of way
- Drivers who disobey any traffic laws
- Drivers who turn without yielding to crosswalk or bicycle lane
- Speeding or driving aggressively
- Trying to beat a yellow light by speeding through an intersection
- Turning left across oncoming traffic and misjudging the gap between cars
- Running stop signs or red lights
- Driving while intoxicated
- Changing lanes driving through an intersection
Any of these scenarios can result in severe accidents that require extensive medical care and rehabilitation. Along with physical and emotional damage, you shouldn’t also have to suffer financially for someone else’s actions. Call the Columbus intersection car accident lawyers today and talk about your legal options moving forward.
Injuries Caused by Intersection Accidents
Car accidents caused by motorists that run red lights or fail to yield at intersections can vary in severity, which can result in a wide range of potential injuries to passengers and pedestrians. For cyclists or pedestrians, any collision with a vehicle can cause debilitating or life-threatening injuries that can drastically affect your quality of life.
A qualified legal representative can go over the details of your case and help you recover financial compensation if you’ve suffered any of the following injuries:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI) – Any injury to the skull or brain can cause serious, long-term damage that might require extensive medical care and lifelong rehabilitation. Along with physical damage, TBIs can result in changes in behavior and emotional responses.
- Spinal cord and neck injuries – T-bone crashes and other accidents at an intersection can cause the body to move violently in multiple directions resulting in damage to the neck or spinal cord. The severity can range in severity including whiplash, or in severe cases, paralysis.
- Broken bones – From small hairline fractures to compound breaks, a broken bone can require multiple surgeries and months of rehabilitation to heal. In some cases, they may never heal and rob you of some or all of the mobility you once had.
- Lacerations – Severe cuts from glass and debris can cause significant scarring and disfigurement.
- Internal organ damage – Damage to vital organs may not be apparent at first, but can be among the most serious car accident injuries, often causing death if untreated.
No matter whether you don’t think you’ve been injured at all or you’ve sustained critical injuries, medical care should be administered as quickly as possible after an intersection/failure to yield accident to make sure all injuries, obvious or hidden, are treated.
Immediate medical care will also help strengthen your claim in the future. Just be sure to follow the direction of your doctor, take all prescribed medications, and don’t miss any follow-up appointments.
Contact Rinehardt Injury Attorneys Today
The aftermath of a car accident can leave you feeling lost and alone, especially if you’re struggling to pay medical expenses or other bills because you’re unable to return to work. To get through this difficult time, you need a personal injury lawyer on your team, who not only has the experience and dedication to diligently move forward with your case but who also treats you and your family with the care and empathy you deserve.
Deciding to pursue legal action against the responsible driver is no small decision, and the Columbus intersection accident lawyers want to help you every step of the way.
At Rinehardt Injury Attorneys, we promise to do everything within our power to strengthen your claim and get you the financial compensation you deserve, even if that means going to court.
Our team of attorneys isn’t afraid to take on insurance companies and we aren’t afraid to turn down offers when we know you deserve more.
We treat our clients with the respect and attention they deserve from the moment they walk through the door through the moment we win. Call us today at (555) 555-5555 and see how we can help you take control of the future for you and your family.